- Haunted Trail/Escape Room Combo
October is finally here and Halloween is just around the corner.
If you haven’t heard, this year we will have a Mobile Escape Room at the Haunted Trail.
Tickets are only $25 and include entry to the Haunted Trail!
Book your time today at www.applecanyonlake.org/escape
- Jo Daviess Sheriff’s Office addresses ATV/UTV on public roadways
July 18, 2019
The Jo Daviess County Sheriff’s Office would like to remind the public that driving off road vehicles, golf carts, off road motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATV’s), and utility task vehicles (UTV’s) for recreational use on all county roads is illegal. Off road vehicles are not intended for roadway use. A traffic citation could be issued for driving unauthorized vehicles on the roadway.
Your understanding and cooperation are appreciated.
- Not using your Association boat slip this year? Consider the Sub-License Program!
Enter your Association in the Sub-License Program!
There are nearly 300 property owners on the No Boat Slip Waiting List. If you are licensed an Association boat slip and will not be using this year, please consider entering the slip into the ACL Sub-License Program. This will allow another property owner to use the slip for the year (all sub-license program agreements terminate December 31), and you will be refunded $150, 75% of the slip fee, if the slip is successfully sub-licensed. We always have more demand for these slips than slips available.
For more information or to download a form, please see http://applecanyonlake.org/wp/boat-slip-sub-boat-slip-licensing/ or contact the office.
- Changes to ACL insurance requirements approved
The Board approved amendments to the insurance requirements Rules & Regulations at their December 15 meeting. These amendments are effective immediately.
What is not changing?
- Proof of insurance must be provided for all watercraft, including non-motorized watercraft, golf carts, ATVs/UTVs, snowmobiles, and campers used at Apple Canyon Lake.
- The minimum required amount of liability insurance is still $500,000 for bodily injury and property damage combined.
What is changing?
- ACLPOA no longer needs to be listed as an Additional Insured or Additional Interest on any policy. We do recommend including this endorsement on recreational vehicle and watercraft policies, so your agent will (hopefully) automatically send renewal documents, but it is not required.
- Documentation requirements have been spelled out in black and white (see below).
- Continuous until cancelled policies will not be accepted. If you have a continuous until cancelled policy on file, a current certificate of insurance showing the policy term expiration date is required.
- The policyholder/named insured must be the property owner of record. Policies listing the property owner as an Additional Insured or Driver will not be accepted.
What do I need to provide the Association?
Acceptable proof of liability insurance documents must meet the following requirements: the policyholder/named insured is the property owner of record; the insured watercraft/vehicle/camper must be described, and the policy term expiration date and liability coverage amounts must be listed.
Insurance documents can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (815) 492-2160. If you have any questions about these changes, please do not hesitate to ask.
- Visit DNR website for Watercraft Registration renewals
The IDNR website is up and running for Watercraft Registration renewals. The renewal website is https://www.il.wildlifelicense.com/vehicle.php?action=vehiclelkup. Owners must print the watercraft renewal receipt and submit it to the office as evidence of registration.
- Want fiber optic at the lake?
Jo Carroll/Sand Prairie survey will assess area’s interest in fiber optic
Jo Carroll Energy and Sand Prairie are asking Jo Daviess County residents if there is a need for fiber optic service in their area, and have established a website where residents can express interest in bringing fiber optic to their community. With fiber optic, internet service would be greatly improved in Apple Canyon Lake.
Please click on the link below and submit your Apple Canyon Lake address to show Jo Carroll that you are interested and want to be considered for fiber optic at Apple Canyon Lake.
- Not getting Apple Seed e-blasts?
If you are not receiving the Apple Seed e-blasts, call the office at 815-492-2238 or email us to make sure we have your correct email address on file.
- Have you signed up for CodeRed?
Jo Daviess County has implemented the CodeRED Emergency Communications Network, a reverse 911 system for anyone who signs up for alerts such as storm warnings, evacuation notices, missing person alerts, etc. Messages can come over your home or cell phone with a call or text message, or delivered as an email. ACL will also use this system to send alerts to our owners who sign up. We will send notices for amenity closings due to bad weather, when the lake is closed or at no-wake, etc. We can also communicate to specific sections of the lake; for instance, if the water company needs to shut down the water on the north end of the Association-we can send notices only to those affected.
Remember: USE YOUR ACL ADDRESS – EVEN IF YOU ONLY HAVE A LOT. It is important that you provide your ACL address so we can contact you with ACL-specific messages and alerts.
If you have questions about CodeRed messages sent by Apple Canyon Lake, please call (815) 492-0090. Please DO NOT call the Jo Daviess County Sheriff’s Department.
Sign up for CodeRed here.