- Trails Open
The trails are open! Have a great weekend.
- ACL Lots for Sale
ACL Lots for Sale
As of January 1, 2019
The lots below did not sell at the 2018 ACL Lot Auction and are available for purchase through the Association Office.
- 03-208 E Apple Canyon Rd
- 04-140 Winchester Dr
- 06-088 Appomattox Dr
- 07-226 Fox Ct
- 11-137 Snead Ln
- 12-204 Eisenhower Dr
- 13-057 Pioneer Dr
- 13-098 W Apple Canyon Rd
- $500 OBO includes all legal fees, PTAX & deed preparation, recording costs, and Real Estate Transfer Tax.
- Payment of the 2019 Dues & Owner Amenity Registration Fee(s).
Jo Daviess County Taxes
- Buyers will be responsible for any taxes owed after January 1, 2019.
Please contact Megan or call 815-492-2238 with questions or for more information!
- Changes to ACL insurance requirements approved
The Board approved amendments to the insurance requirements Rules & Regulations at their December 15 meeting. These amendments are effective immediately.
What is not changing?
- Proof of insurance must be provided for all watercraft, including non-motorized watercraft, golf carts, ATVs/UTVs, snowmobiles, and campers used at Apple Canyon Lake.
- The minimum required amount of liability insurance is still $500,000 for bodily injury and property damage combined.
What is changing?
- ACLPOA no longer needs to be listed as an Additional Insured or Additional Interest on any policy. We do recommend including this endorsement on recreational vehicle and watercraft policies, so your agent will (hopefully) automatically send renewal documents, but it is not required.
- Documentation requirements have been spelled out in black and white (see below).
- Continuous until cancelled policies will not be accepted. If you have a continuous until cancelled policy on file, a current certificate of insurance showing the policy term expiration date is required.
- The policyholder/named insured must be the property owner of record. Policies listing the property owner as an Additional Insured or Driver will not be accepted.
What do I need to provide the Association?
Acceptable proof of liability insurance documents must meet the following requirements: the policyholder/named insured is the property owner of record; the insured watercraft/vehicle/camper must be described, and the policy term expiration date and liability coverage amounts must be listed.
Insurance documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (815) 492-2160. If you have any questions about these changes, please do not hesitate to ask.
- Join the ACL Heat Light Program
Safeguard your home against frozen pipes this winter!
Want to leave your lake house this winter with the peace of mind that nothing is going to go wrong? By joining the ACL Heat Light Program, you can do just that! This program monitors the temperature in your home while you’re away, ensuring that nothing will freeze or be damaged by the cold. Once you sign up, you will receive a strobe light and a temperature monitoring device. A member of the ACL Safety & Security staff will help set up the strobe light in a location where it will be seen from the road. Should the temperature inside your home drop below 45 degrees, the strobe will start flashing. If this happens, Security staff will access the home and determine the cause of the temperature drop. They will then take steps fix the issue, whether that be calling your designated furnace repair company or the propane company to fill your tank.
To sign up, just provide the ACL Safety and Security Department with your name, address, phone number, propane supplier, furnace repair company, and a spare key to go in the lockbox.
The initial set up fee is $250(includes all equipment), and then $100 each year after.
Questions? Contact the ACL Safety & Security Department at (815) 492-2436 or email@example.com
- Review the Rules & Regulations
Before you or your guests venture out for a boat ride, take an UTV/ATV ride around the trails, etc., take the time to read over this document to make sure you are in compliance. These rules and regulations have been put in place by the Board of Directors to ensure the safety & well-being of all ACLPOA members. ACL’s Safety & Security Department staff are responsible for enforcing these rules & regulations; violation of any rule or regulation set forth by the Board is subject to a fine. Numerous citations have been issued this summer for failure to display a current year decal, operating a vehicle on the trails after 10 pm, operating on closed trails, and disobeying control devices (signs).
View the ACLPOA Rules and Regulations online; hard copies are available at the Association Office at no charge.
- Visit DNR website for Watercraft Registration renewals
The IDNR website is up and running for Watercraft Registration renewals. The renewal website is https://www.il.wildlifelicense.com/vehicle.php?action=vehiclelkup. Owners must print the watercraft renewal receipt and submit it to the office as evidence of registration.
- Want fiber optic at the lake?
Jo Carroll/Sand Prairie survey will assess area’s interest in fiber optic
Jo Carroll Energy and Sand Prairie are asking Jo Daviess County residents if there is a need for fiber optic service in their area, and have established a website where residents can express interest in bringing fiber optic to their community. With fiber optic, internet service would be greatly improved in Apple Canyon Lake.
Please click on the link below and submit your Apple Canyon Lake address to show Jo Carroll that you are interested and want to be considered for fiber optic at Apple Canyon Lake.
- Not getting Apple Seed e-blasts?
If you are not receiving the Apple Seed e-blasts, call the office at 815-492-2238 or email us to make sure we have your correct email address on file.
- Have you signed up for CodeRed?
Jo Daviess County has implemented the CodeRED Emergency Communications Network, a reverse 911 system for anyone who signs up for alerts such as storm warnings, evacuation notices, missing person alerts, etc. Messages can come over your home or cell phone with a call or text message, or delivered as an email. ACL will also use this system to send alerts to our owners who sign up. We will send notices for amenity closings due to bad weather, when the lake is closed or at no-wake, etc. We can also communicate to specific sections of the lake; for instance, if the water company needs to shut down the water on the north end of the Association-we can send notices only to those affected.
Remember: USE YOUR ACL ADDRESS – EVEN IF YOU ONLY HAVE A LOT. It is important that you provide your ACL address so we can contact you with ACL-specific messages and alerts.
If you have questions about CodeRed messages sent by Apple Canyon Lake, please call (815) 492-0090. Please DO NOT call the Jo Daviess County Sheriff’s Department.
Sign up for CodeRed here.