- Pro Shop Serving New Menu! Starting 5/29
Beginning May 29th The Pro Shop will start offerings its new menu along with outdoor dining! Watch for updates!
- Campground Opens & Boat Rentals Available beginning May 29th
- Blood Drive at ACL June 3rd
- Water Skiing and Tubing not Allowed
- Boating and Fishing Guidelines
- Golf Course & Pro Shop Updates
The Pro Shop is open for outdoor dining and carryout
Monday – Sunday 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
The Golf Course is OPEN with restrictions.
Tee-times MUST be booked by phone and must be paid by credit card. Call 815-492-2477 to book a tee time!
Monday – Sunday |Starting at 7:00 am
- Association Office Curbside Pick-up Guidelines
The ACL Association Office will begin offering no-contact curbside delivery of amenity tags, stickers, etc. beginning Friday, May 1. The current pickup hours are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 8am to 3pm daily. We will evaluate the need for additional hours as the month progresses. Please contact us in advance to ensure all paperwork is in order and to allow staff to prepare your tags & stickers ahead of time. Entry to the building by anyone other than ACL staff cannot be permitted; the drop box located in the lobby is not accessible. We are in uncharted territory and are doing our best to assist our owners, with the safety of our employees and the membership our top priority. Please bear with us as we work out the bugs in this new process.
When arriving to pick up your items, please keep to the left of the traffic cones and pull up to the “Stop Here” sign by the mailbox and call (815) 492-2238 ext. 1122. Staff will leave your packet on the hood of your vehicle for retrieval after they leave. Owners are required to respect social distancing. Deliveries will not be made to an occupied ATV/UTV, for example. No exchange of payments or paperwork will be permitted. All paperwork (insurance, registrations, Trail Indemnities, etc.) must be emailed, faxed, or mailed to the office in advance. All payments must be made over the phone with a credit or debit card or mailed in advance. If you did not call in advance, you will be asked to park to allow staff time to review your account and prepare your packet. Staff will give you the go ahead to pull up for pickup when they are ready.
An appointment is required to have a new boat, ATV, or UTV measured. All paperwork (insurance, registrations, Trail Indemnities) must be submitted in advance. All payments must be made over the phone with a credit or debit card or mailed in advance. Measuring will be conducted solely by staff. Owners are required to respect social distancing and may be asked to walk the appropriate distance away from their ATV/UTV, for example, while staff measures the vehicle.
- Next Payment Plan installment will be withdrawn May 15
Next Payment Plan installment will be withdrawn May 15
Contact the Office Manager if you need to reschedule your payment
The second Payment Plan installment will be withdrawn Friday, May 15 as scheduled. We understand that many people are having financial difficulties as a result of these unprecedented times. If you have been financially impacted by COVID-19 and need to reschedule your payment, please contact us no later than Wednesday, May 13. The Office Manager can be reached Monday through Friday from 8am to 3pm at email@example.com or (815) 492-2238 ext. 1134.
- Fishing and other DNR Licenses Available Online!
Currently we are not offering DNR licenses.
However, you can obtain them online at:
- Senior Exemption Deadline Extended!
View the full resolution from the Jo Daviess County Board here.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE!
- IMPORTANT CHANGE to Solid Waste & Recycling Hours!
Solid Waste & Recycling Center Change of Hours
Starting immediately, we are implementing new guidelines for the Solid Waste & Recycling Center.
Only two cars at a time will be allowed to dump their garbage. Vehicles will be required to stop behind a new stop sign and wait until a vehicle leaves the dumping area. They can then proceed and remove their garbage. We hope that this eliminates the issues we have had with social distancing at the recycling center.
To accommodate this change, we are expanding the hours of the recycling center to the following –
Monday – 8:00 to 10:00 am
Thursday – 3:00 to 6:00 pm
Saturday – 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Sunday – 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
We hope these changes will allow owners to take their garbage to the recycling center, but still practice social distancing, keeping themselves and the staff safe.
NOTE: Large Item and Electronic Item Disposal permits are not available at this time. These items cannot be disposed of until further notice.
- Association Office Shutdown Update!
We are here (remotely!) to assist you during the shutdown. The ACL Association Office phone (815-492-2238) is being forwarded to staff Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm daily. We can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. A staff member will be in once a week to process mail and check voicemails and faxes. We do have a drop box accessible outside the ACL Office (next to the bulletin board). Staff will continue to mail out amenity tags, stickers, etc. from home. The postage fee of $9 can be billed to your account and then paid by check. Unfortunately, we are not able to process credit card payments remotely. Stay safe and be well!
- IMPORTANT ACL COVID-19 UPDATES
⬇️ THE ASSOCIATION OFFICE:
– Will be OPEN Saturday, March 21st, with normal business hours.
– After Saturday, March 21st at 5:00pm the Association Office will be CLOSED until Wednesday, April 7th.
– The Association Office will re-open on Thursday, April 8th.
Please send e-mail or general ACL Association questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 815-492-2160.
⬇️ The Safety & Security Department
– The Security office will remain OPEN.
– Security will remain present at ACL 24-hours a day!
– Please call ACL Security only in the event of an emergency!
– Call Security at: 📞 (815)492-2436
⬇️ The Firehouse Fitness Center
– Is CLOSED until further notice.
⬇️ The ACL Clubhouse
– Is CLOSED!
– All clubhouse activities & events have been canceled through Tuesday, April 7th. This includes: Morning Workout, Cards, Sewing Group, Pot-luck, Clubhouse Rentals, and “Open Clubhouse” hours.
⬇️ The ACL Solid Waste & Recycling Center
– Will maintain its normal hours of operation:
– Monday 8:00 am – 10:00 am
– Thursday 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
– Saturday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
– Sunday 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
⬇️ The ACL Pro Shop
– The Pro Shop will remain CLOSED until further notice.
– The Pro Shop will not be offering to-go or pick up as previously planned. Please watch for updates on future hours.
⬇️ The Golf Course & Campground Open Dates
– The Golf Course & Campgrounds will NOT open on April 4th as previously planned. A new date is yet to be determined.
– Watch for updates!
⬇️ Nixon Beach
– Is CLOSED until further notice.
⬇️ Apple Canyon Lake & the Trails:
– Are OPEN, although we remind you to practice social distancing if you choose to use them (6′ distance). We urge you to not gather in groups on boats, trails, or outside of your home at this time.
– Reminder: While the Lake & Trails are open, please keep in mind all facilities are closed. So, there is no gas, restrooms, etc. available.
- Attend the March Board Meeting and any ACL Committee/Commission Meeting via Zoom!
ACLPOA is following guidelines to limit gatherings to 10 persons or less. We are encouraging our membership (and our Board, Committee, and Commission members!) to attend meetings remotely via Zoom until further notice.
Please contact Shaun Nordlie at email@example.com by Friday, March 20th at 5:00 pm for an invite to the March 21st Board Meeting.
Invites to any Committee or Commission meeting must be requested by 5:00 pm the day before the meeting is scheduled.
- 📢 IMPORTANT: ACL Safety and Security update of COVID-19
📢 IMPORTANT: Apple Canyon Lake Safety and Security update of COVID-19
We would like to inform our property owners ahead of time that small changes have been made to protect our first responders, ambulance personnel, and law enforcement. When a call to 911 is made, the dispatcher will be asking 3-screening questions pertaining to flu symptoms in addition to finding out the nature of the call.
If you do report flu-like symptoms, the dispatchers relay that information to our personnel responding to your location. Do not be alarmed if you have flu-like symptoms as our first responders, as well as EMTs, and paramedics will greet you wearing a mask over their mouth and nose, gloves, and possibly even a gown.
If you call for an ambulance, the EMTs/paramedics will ask you some questions when they get to your location to determine if you have any flu-like symptoms and this will be done using “social distancing” of around 6 feet away. None of these precautions will delay your care. Depending on your symptoms, the EMTs/paramedics may also provide you a mask to wear. This helps limit the spread of any illness.
On many calls, other fire departments and police officers respond with the ambulance to help. Do not be surprised if some of these responders wait outside your home until the EMTs/paramedics assess you for the symptoms of the flu. These small changes help limit the spread of illnesses and keep our responders safe.
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call 815-492-0090. 👉 REMEMBER: to cover your cough, wash your hands, avoid close contact (6 feet social distance), keep contact surfaces clean (tabletops, doorknobs, computer keyboards, phones etc.) and most important if you are sick, PLEASE isolate yourself from others.
- ACL COVID-19 UPDATE
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 progression,
ACL has the following updates:
- Limit in-person contact at the Association Office: As of this writing, the Association Office is still open for business. This may change as the Coronavirus situation continues to unfold and guidelines from federal, state, and local agencies are released. Our focus is to protect the health and safety of our employees, property owners, visitors, and vendors. We strongly discourage owners from coming to the office unless there is an urgent need. Please call ahead to ensure an in-person interaction is required and the staff member you wish to see is available. We remind our owners that paperwork can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 815-492-2160. Amenity tags, stickers, etc. can be mailed to your home or left in the ACL drop box for pickup. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but remember, our focus is on everyone’s health. We are all in this together.
- Campsite Swap & Assignment Day, Slip Swap, Slip Assignment Day & Sub-License Assignment: We are currently reviewing our options for these events. They will NOT be conducted as usual on the date planned. We will either postpone the events until later in the Spring, or possibly conduct the event electronically using ZOOM teleconferencing. We will be researching the possibility of using ZOOM and reaching out to all those on these waiting lists soon.
- The Firehouse Fitness Center: Will be closed effective immediately, through April 1st.
- The March 21st Job Fair: Is canceled. If you had planned on attending and are still interested in applying, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 1st Annual Easter Egg Hunt: Has been canceled. We are greatly saddened to not be able to put on our Easter Egg Hunt and thank those who have kindly donated to the event. The plastic eggs will be saved in hopes of a re-boot next year and the candy will be re-purposed throughout our events later this year.
- The ACL Pro Shop: The Pro Shop will be open with special hours from 4:00 – 9:00 pm tonight serving a limited menu and $1 – $2 draft specials. *Watch for updates concerning future Pro Shop hours.
- The ACL Clubhouse: As of Wednesday, March 18th all clubhouse activities & events have been canceled through March 31st. This includes: Morning Workout, Cards, Sewing Group, Pot-luck, Clubhouse Rentals, and “open clubhouse” hours. This does not affect Commission & Board Meetings. (If you are on a Commission, please watch for updates from the Office pertaining to any meetings.)
- The March 17th Primary Elections: The Clubhouse will be OPEN for the Primary Elections. We are taking steps to ensure that everything is being sanitized and wiped down on an hourly basis. After the polls close the Clubhouse will then be closed until March 31st.
Please watch for updates via: Facebook, The Apple Seed, and the Apple Canyon Lake Website.
In case you missed it, you can read the Apple Seed Eblast, using the link below.
- COVID-19 What You Need to Know
At this time, we would like to reiterate some simple & easy ways to keep on top of staying healthy. It might not be anything new, but it is nonetheless effective and comes from a reputable source (The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). At this time the Association Office has not cancelled any events and is still open to the public with its normal hours of operation. We have been working together as a team to keep the Office as clean as possible with wiping down keyboards, doorknobs, countertops, community areas, etc. several times throughout the day. Please note that we are getting the same information everyone else is at the same time, so as COVID-19 progresses we will adjust accordingly and keep you informed. Thank you, ACL Staff.