- Toddler Swimming Lessons are canceled for today, Friday, July 20, 2018.
Canceled: Toddler Swimming Lessons are canceled for today, Friday, July 20, 2018.
- All Trails are now open.
All trails have reopened.
- ACL Lots for Sale
The lots listed below did not sell at the ACL Lot Auction and are available for purchase through the Association Office.
- Minimum purchase price $150 (includes PTAX/deed preparation and recording fees)
- 2018 Fees: $500 partial 2018 Annual Assessment
$100 Owner Amenity Registration Fee (per owner on the deed, up to three owners)
- PTAX forms and deeds will be completed by the attorney after a signed Winning Bidder Form is submitted to ACL along with payment of the fees above. Real Estate Transfer Tax cost will be determined based on the auction price and paid with the other ACL fees.
Jo Daviess County Taxes
- Past due taxes (if applicable) must be paid to Jo Daviess County following the sale.
- 03-152 General Jackson Dr
- 05-074 Whispering Wind Dr
- 06-088 Appomattox Dr
- 07-156 Teepee Ct
- 07-205 Bison Ct
- 07-226 Fox Ct
- & 8. 08-029 and 08-030 E Apple Canyon Rd (combined with Jo Daviess County)
- See above
- 08-076 Constitution Dr
- 09-003 White Birch Ln
- 09-085 Evergreen Dr
- 11-242 Tee Ct
- 12-051 McKinley Ct
- 12-173 Wilson Ct
- 13-057 Pioneer Dr
- 13-098 W Apple Canyon Rd
- 13-173 W Apple Canyon Rd
- 13-174 W Apple Canyon Rd
Please contact Megan at email@example.com with questions or for more information!
- Board approves changes to creel limits
At their March 17 regular monthly meeting, the Board of Directors changed the following creel limits:
- bag limit on northern pike: 1 (one) over 36″
- musky limit: catch and release only
- daily limit on bluegills: 25
- Assessor to canvas for 2019 Property Quadrennial
NOTICE: RESIDENTS OF APPLE RIVER & THOMPSON TOWNSHIPS
2019 Property Quadrennial
What: The Apple River & Thompson Multi-Township Assessor will be out canvassing each property in the Township to take photos and outside measurements of new structures and land improvements in order to verify/update records.
When: April 2018 – December 2018 or until work is completed (2019 is your Quadrennial)
Where: All property located within the Apple River & Thompson Townships
Who: There will be a single person or a two person team out in the area from April –December (or later)
Why: It is required by the State of Illinois that every four years your property is visited and revalued based on the three prior years of sales. (2018/2017/2016).
- The assessing team does NOT need to enter your home; they will knock on your door and review the property card with you to make sure all the information is accurate or if changes need to be made. It is helpful if they can enter the rear yard for accuracy of measurements and discovery.
- If they are not able to access your property or are denied access to your property the assessor will leave and estimate what they believe the current status of the property is.
- The assessing team will be taking pictures of the front and back of your home.
- Any improvements (deck, patio, garages, etc) discovered will be added to your assessment. Likewise, any improvements on the record card that are no longer on the property will be removed from your assessment.
Remember we are just doing our job; collecting data and making sure your property record card is accurate. We do not control your tax bill, please be courteous.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Assessor:
815.821.3544 (Mon-Fri 6pm-8pm)
Thank you for your cooperation!
- Visit DNR website for Watercraft Registration renewals
The IDNR website is up and running for Watercraft Registration renewals. The renewal website is https://www.il.wildlifelicense.com/vehicle.php?action=vehiclelkup. Owners must print the watercraft renewal receipt and submit it to the office as evidence of registration.
- Update on Utilities Services, Inc. proposed rate hikeBy GM Shaun NordlieApple Canyon Lake will be joining other lake associations serviced by Utilities Services of Illinois, Inc.(USI) to hire an attorney and expert witnesses to fight the proposed increases for water meters and usage. The ACL Board of Directors has approved the use of up to $10,000 to fight these increases.We will work with the Illinois Attorney General, who has an expert accounting witness, and are considering hiring a utility engineer to argue the proposed list of capital improvements requested by USI.All owners with a house within the Association received a letter from USI in mid-December outlining the proposed increases. For a typical household, the monthly cost for the water meter will increase from $24.73 to $35.03 – a 41.6 percent increase. The water usage rate per 1,000 gallons will increase 43.4 percent from $5.71 to $8.19.In their letter, USI mentions they have spent over $3 million in capital improvements since 2015, and plan to spend an additional $14 million by the end of 2019 to improve water quality, lessen service disruptions due to main breaks, and reduce inflow and infiltration to wastewater treatment plants. The only upgrade planned at Apple Canyon Lake in the next two years replaces a Generator at the Well House for $55,000. The letter explains that all upgrades are consolidated, and all USI customers share the cost of upkeep and upgrades so that small stand-alone groups do not bear the cost of large capital expenditures.What does this mean for the Association? We will see increases at all our facilities in both usage and meter. Since we are considered commercial, we will pay the same as residential for meters, but our usage rate will go up 94 percent. Based on calculations of gallons used in 2017, ACL could see an increase of almost $20,000 in 2019.We will not fight the USI Availability fee. This is a fee that was established between the original developer and USI and is not a part of the argument against the proposed rate increases.USI is planning a community Utilities, Inc. Question and Answer Open House to be held at the ACL clubhouse on April 25 from 5 – 8 p.m. In the meantime, if you have had any issues, or service concerns with USI, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-492-2292.What you can do in the meantime
Members may file a comment with the Illinois Commerce Commission. The link to the ICC website is https://www.icc.illinois.gov/. From this page, find eDocket, type in 17-1106 (the case number for this rate increase). On the right side of the screen is a blue box, choose Public Comments and then File a Comment in the blue box at the top, left-hand side of the screen, and then Submit.
- Want fiber optic at the lake?
Jo Carroll/Sand Prairie survey will assess area’s interest in fiber optic
Jo Carroll Energy and Sand Prairie are asking Jo Daviess County residents if there is a need for fiber optic service in their area, and have established a website where residents can express interest in bringing fiber optic to their community. With fiber optic, internet service would be greatly improved in Apple Canyon Lake.
Please click on the link below and submit your Apple Canyon Lake address to show Jo Carroll that you are interested and want to be considered for fiber optic at Apple Canyon Lake.
- Not getting Apple Seed e-blasts?
If you are not receiving the Apple Seed e-blasts, call the office at 815-492-2238 or email us to make sure we have your correct email address on file.
- Have you signed up for CodeRed?
Jo Daviess County has implemented the CodeRED Emergency Communications Network, a reverse 911 system for anyone who signs up for alerts such as storm warnings, evacuation notices, missing person alerts, etc. Messages can come over your home or cell phone with a call or text message, or delivered as an email. ACL will also use this system to send alerts to our owners who sign up. We will send notices for amenity closings due to bad weather, when the lake is closed or at no-wake, etc. We can also communicate to specific sections of the lake; for instance, if the water company needs to shut down the water on the north end of the Association-we can send notices only to those affected.
Remember: USE YOUR ACL ADDRESS – EVEN IF YOU ONLY HAVE A LOT. It is important that you provide your ACL address so we can contact you with ACL-specific messages and alerts.
If you have questions about CodeRed messages sent by Apple Canyon Lake, please call (815) 492-0090. Please DO NOT call the Jo Daviess County Sheriff’s Department.
Sign up for CodeRed here.