- Trails Update
Due to heavy rains we have lost 3 culverts in President Bay Area. Until further notice the trail will be closed between Kennedy and Power Horne.
The North Bay Crossing is currently closed due to high water level.
- Deer Management Program sign-up deadline is July 31
Deer Management Program Deadlines
- All hunters must fill out an
application. Deadline for accepting applications and fee is July 31,
2019. Late/incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Cost $125 per hunter. Due with application.
- ACL property owners 18 years of age and older only. Must provide proof of age with application.
- If you want to be part of the partner program, please include the partner information.
- Car information must be completed on application.
e. Hunting License. Due with application.
f. Each participant must provide ACLPOA with proof of a minimum $500,000 liability insurance. The policyholder/named insured must be the property owner of record, and the proof of liability insurance must reflect the amount of insurance coverage, and policy term expiration date. No continuous until canceled policies will be accepted.
g. Hunter Safety Certificate. Due with application.
h. Signed Deer Management Program Participation Agreement
2. Archery qualifying dates –August 10, 2019; 9am-12pm and August 17, 2019 9am-12pm
3. Mandatory Orientation and Zone Selection meeting – August 17, 2019; 1pm – Each participant MUST attend the orientation meeting.
- All hunters must fill out an application. Deadline for accepting applications and fee is July 31, 2019. Late/incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Ball Race Winners announced
Congratulations to the following winners of the 2019 Rumble & Roll Ball Race!
1st place, $500: #650 – Anne Osika
2nd place, $300: #524 – Kerstin Stolpe-Friend
3rd place, $250: # 940 – Carmel Cottrell
4th place, $200: # 934 – Diane Carr
5th Place, $150: #809 – Don Ford
6th, $100: #671 – Jerry Chichon
Prize money will be mailed to the address on file!
Thank you to everyone who supported the Rumble & Roll Ball Race, and endured the torrential downpour right at the beginning of the parade!
- 2019 Rumble & Roll Ball Race Numbers
Click here to view the 2019 Rumble & Roll Ball Race numbers.
Look for your last name to see which numbers are yours.
Tickets can still purchased at the Office, Marina and Pro Shop through July 5 or at Nixon Beach prior to the race.
- Board Election Results, Distinguished Service Award Winners announced
The following candidates were re-elected to serve on the ACLPOA Board of Directors: Barb Hendren and Gordon Williams. Tom Ohms is the newly elected member. Congratulations to all candidates; thank you for your willingness to serve ACL.
Winners of the 2019 Female and Male Distinguished Service Awards are Carol Horist and Mike Cammack. Congratulations to all. Watch for more information in the Apple Core.
- Apple Canyon Lake Lots for Sale
As of June 16, 2019
The lots below did not sell at the ACL Lot Auction and are available for purchase directly from Apple Canyon Lake. To purchase one of these properties, the buyer will complete all required paperwork and submit payment as outlined below in full. The Winning Bidder Form and PTAX will be submitted to ACL’s attorney for deed preparation and recording.
$150 purchase price (includes PTAX/deed preparation and recording fees)
$500 partial 2019 Annual Assessment (Dues)
$100 Owner Amenity Registration Fee (per owner on the deed, up to three owners)
Jo Daviess County Taxes
Past due and current taxes (if applicable) must be paid to Jo Daviess County following purchase. For information on 2018 taxes, please contact the Jo Daviess County Assessor’s Office at (815) 777-1016. For back taxes owed, please contact the Jo Daviess County Clerk’s Office at (815) 777-0161.
See Lot and Tax stats on each lot
Please contact Megan with questions or for more information!
1. 01-027 Painted Post LnSOLD
2. 02-043 Pioneer Dr
3. 03-101 General Lee DrSOLD 4. 06-023 Gettysburg LnSOLD 5. 07-005 Broken Lance LnSOLD 6. 09-017 E Apple Canyon RdSOLD 7. 09-134 Hawthorne DrSOLD
8. 09-219 Walnut Ln
9. 11-137 Snead LnSOLD
10. 11-203 Spoon Ct pending
11. 12-105 Johnson LnSOLD 12. 12-204 Eisenhower DrSOLD
13. 12-349 S Apple Canyon Rd
14. 13-098 W Apple Canyon RdSOLD 15. 14-038 Falling Sun DrSOLD
- Yoga Update!
Beach Yoga with Stephanie Cocagne is scheduled for May 25, June 8 and June 22 at 8 am.
Class is $10 per person or your yoga punch card is also accepted.
We are currently working to bring regular yoga classes back to the lake. Certified yoga instructors interested in teaching a yoga classes at ACL are encouraged to contact us at 815.492.2769.
- Not using your Association boat slip this year? Consider the Sub-License Program!
Enter your Association in the Sub-License Program!
There are nearly 300 property owners on the No Boat Slip Waiting List. If you are licensed an Association boat slip and will not be using this year, please consider entering the slip into the ACL Sub-License Program. This will allow another property owner to use the slip for the year (all sub-license program agreements terminate December 31), and you will be refunded $150, 75% of the slip fee, if the slip is successfully sub-licensed. We always have more demand for these slips than slips available.
For more information or to download a form, please see http://applecanyonlake.org/wp/boat-slip-sub-boat-slip-licensing/ or contact the office.
- Changes to ACL insurance requirements approved
The Board approved amendments to the insurance requirements Rules & Regulations at their December 15 meeting. These amendments are effective immediately.
What is not changing?
- Proof of insurance must be provided for all watercraft, including non-motorized watercraft, golf carts, ATVs/UTVs, snowmobiles, and campers used at Apple Canyon Lake.
- The minimum required amount of liability insurance is still $500,000 for bodily injury and property damage combined.
What is changing?
- ACLPOA no longer needs to be listed as an Additional Insured or Additional Interest on any policy. We do recommend including this endorsement on recreational vehicle and watercraft policies, so your agent will (hopefully) automatically send renewal documents, but it is not required.
- Documentation requirements have been spelled out in black and white (see below).
- Continuous until cancelled policies will not be accepted. If you have a continuous until cancelled policy on file, a current certificate of insurance showing the policy term expiration date is required.
- The policyholder/named insured must be the property owner of record. Policies listing the property owner as an Additional Insured or Driver will not be accepted.
What do I need to provide the Association?
Acceptable proof of liability insurance documents must meet the following requirements: the policyholder/named insured is the property owner of record; the insured watercraft/vehicle/camper must be described, and the policy term expiration date and liability coverage amounts must be listed.
Insurance documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (815) 492-2160. If you have any questions about these changes, please do not hesitate to ask.
- Review the Rules & Regulations
Before you or your guests venture out for a boat ride, take an UTV/ATV ride around the trails, etc., take the time to read over this document to make sure you are in compliance. These rules and regulations have been put in place by the Board of Directors to ensure the safety & well-being of all ACLPOA members. ACL’s Safety & Security Department staff are responsible for enforcing these rules & regulations; violation of any rule or regulation set forth by the Board is subject to a fine. Numerous citations have been issued this summer for failure to display a current year decal, operating a vehicle on the trails after 10 pm, operating on closed trails, and disobeying control devices (signs).
View the ACLPOA Rules and Regulations online; hard copies are available at the Association Office at no charge.
- Visit DNR website for Watercraft Registration renewals
The IDNR website is up and running for Watercraft Registration renewals. The renewal website is https://www.il.wildlifelicense.com/vehicle.php?action=vehiclelkup. Owners must print the watercraft renewal receipt and submit it to the office as evidence of registration.
- Want fiber optic at the lake?
Jo Carroll/Sand Prairie survey will assess area’s interest in fiber optic
Jo Carroll Energy and Sand Prairie are asking Jo Daviess County residents if there is a need for fiber optic service in their area, and have established a website where residents can express interest in bringing fiber optic to their community. With fiber optic, internet service would be greatly improved in Apple Canyon Lake.
Please click on the link below and submit your Apple Canyon Lake address to show Jo Carroll that you are interested and want to be considered for fiber optic at Apple Canyon Lake.
- Not getting Apple Seed e-blasts?
If you are not receiving the Apple Seed e-blasts, call the office at 815-492-2238 or email us to make sure we have your correct email address on file.
- Have you signed up for CodeRed?
Jo Daviess County has implemented the CodeRED Emergency Communications Network, a reverse 911 system for anyone who signs up for alerts such as storm warnings, evacuation notices, missing person alerts, etc. Messages can come over your home or cell phone with a call or text message, or delivered as an email. ACL will also use this system to send alerts to our owners who sign up. We will send notices for amenity closings due to bad weather, when the lake is closed or at no-wake, etc. We can also communicate to specific sections of the lake; for instance, if the water company needs to shut down the water on the north end of the Association-we can send notices only to those affected.
Remember: USE YOUR ACL ADDRESS – EVEN IF YOU ONLY HAVE A LOT. It is important that you provide your ACL address so we can contact you with ACL-specific messages and alerts.
If you have questions about CodeRed messages sent by Apple Canyon Lake, please call (815) 492-0090. Please DO NOT call the Jo Daviess County Sheriff’s Department.
Sign up for CodeRed here.