- Spirit Halloween Tour Maps now available!
- Delay to October Apple Core!
- Solid Waste & Recycling Center Construction
The construction being performed at the Solid Waste & Recycling Center is for the installation of new railings, in addition to some concrete work. As stated, this will not affect the Solid Waste & Recycling Center’s hours of operation. Please be cautious when visiting and be aware that there may be additional personnel on the premises to carry out the construction stated above.
- Fire Hydrant Flushing
Please be advised that fire hydrant flushing will occur over the next few days. Do not be alarmed by a sudden loss of water pressure as this can be expected during flushing.
- Town Hall meetin TONIGHT at 6:00 pm.
- View the 2020 ACLPO Foundation UTV Raffle Numbers!
The ACLPO Foundation UTV Raffle Tickets list is available below. This list updated as of Saturday, September 12th, 2020 at 1:00pm.
View the list and find your numbers here!
- Fiber Installation in progress at the Marina.
- Notice to Property Owners Regarding Construction, Improvements, Repairs, and Renovations
The ACL Building Inspector would like to remind all ACL Property Owners and contractors that it is the responsibility of the Property Owner to make sure all ACL and Jo Daviess County permits have been obtained and are in order before any work can be performed.
Please refer to the following items taken from the ACL Building and Environmental Code Book. The Code is available on-line at http://applecanyonlake.org/forms/ under MAINTENANCE. If you have any question, please contact the Building Inspector at 815-492-0900. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org . Office hours are Thursday and Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
102.1 Permit Required
It is a violation to construct, add to, relocate, alter, remove or demolish, or to commence the construction, addition, alterations, removal or demolition of a building, structure, dock, beach or other amenities without first filing with the AECC an application in writing and obtaining a formal permit. Any partitioning, subdivision or remodeling of any residential interior area requires an ACL Building Permit, as well as verification that the existing septic system remains adequate. Inadequate septic system designs shall be enlarged as required to meet Jo Daviess County and ACL Code Standards. Any violations of the above sentence will result in the permit fees being doubled.
Dish antennas, solar panels, or similar devices that are not a part of a residence will require a separate building permit.
No activity in the opinion of the AECC which significantly changes the existing topographic character of the land shall be commenced without first seeking approval of the AECC. This includes any grading, filling, moving, and shaping of the terrain and alterations of natural watersheds. Seeding and planting activities that do not alter the existing ground contours (as defined in Section 126 of the Code, Landscaping /Grading) are exempt.
102.3 Continuation of Permit
Where no work has been started within 180 days after the issuance of a permit, such permit shall be void. Exterior work must be completed within 365 days after the issuance of a permit or the permit shall be void. A new permit must be obtained before any work may begin or continue. A fee according to the fee schedule will be charged for the issuance of the new permit.
- Illinois Boating Laws and Equipment Checklist
View the Illinois laws by clicking the image below.
- Do You Need a Building Permit?
Thinking about summer remodeling projects? New homes are not the only construction projects that require approval of the Architectural and Environmental Control Committee. Major landscaping, shoreline decks and patios, house additions, and garages are just a few of the types of projects which also require committee approval before a building permit can be issued. Submitting plans for approval early will help to ensure that your project can be finished on time. The AECC meets on the first Saturday of the month. Applications and plans must be submitted at least ten days before the meeting to be considered for approval.
Applications and building code regulations may be obtained from the Building Inspector or on the website http://applecanyonlake.org/forms/ under the Maintenance heading. Information about specific requirements for plan submission can be received by contacting the Building Inspector by email at email@example.com or by phone at 815-492-0900. Please do not hesitate to contact the office with questions about any projects you may have in mind for the upcoming year.
ACLPOA 2019 Construction Fee Schedule – Board approved 10/20/18
New Dwelling: Permit Fee/Inspection (Good for one (1) year)… $1,000
Environmental Impact Fee (Non-Refundable): New dwelling only… $1,000
GIS: Full Site… $325
Environmental/Debris Bond (Refundable)… $500
Additions to Existing Dwelling: Permit fee… $0.20/sf
All Accessory Structures… $0.20/sf
General Permits: Per item… $10
Small Misc. Permits/Projects
New installation not done with a new dwelling
Rebuilt or resurfaced
Any earthwork or lot grading whether performed as a single
project or as a series projects on an existing developed lot:
Land retaining wall
Trim/cut trees within 50 feet of shoreline
- ACL Community Garage Sales August 15th!
After having to postpone our normal June Garage Sales due to Covid, we are excited to announce we will host our Community Garage Sales on
Saturday, August 15, 2020 from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm!
- Firehouse Fitness Center Now Open!
We are pleased to announce that the Firehouse Fitness Center is now open for use! The Fitness Center has undergone a deep cleaning and some machine removal to promote social distancing while you get your sweat on.
Current Guidelines: The capacity limit for the Fitness Center is limited to 2 individuals at a time. Facial coverings are encouraged when the 2 person limit is met. Guests are also responsible for wiping down any equipment before and after each use.
Reminder, if you are not feeling well, stay home and monitor your symptoms. Some things to look for: A temperature of 100.4 + (F), loss of taste/smell, sore throat, headache, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing.
- Septic System Pump and Inspection
The largest single asset adding value to our homes is our proximity to Apple Canyon Lake. To protect the lake, all septic waste treatment systems are required to be inspected and pumped every 6 years. Letters have been sent on July 1 to the property owners on this year’s septic pumping and inspection schedule. The due date for the P/I report is by September 1, 2020. The letter includes the phone numbers for the ACL registered septic contractors. These contractors have the necessary report form and will send it to the Building Inspector for the property owner. As you probably know, the expense involved is the responsibility of the property owner.
- The Winning Numbers are in!
- Sub-License Boat Slips available
The following boat slips have been entered in the ACLPOA Sub-License Boat Slip Program are available on a first come, first served basis. To receive an assignment, please call the ACL Association Office at 815-492-2238. Immediate payment is required to receive one of these slip assignments. The available slips are:
- Pro Shop Serving New Menu! Starting 5/29
Beginning May 29th The Pro Shop will start offerings its new menu along with outdoor dining! Watch for updates!
- Campground Opens & Boat Rentals Available beginning May 29th
- Golf Course & Pro Shop Updates
The Pro Shop is open for indoor dining, outdoor dining, and carryout
Monday – Sunday 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
The Golf Course is OPEN with restrictions.
Tee-times MUST be booked by phone and must be paid by credit card. Call 815-492-2477 to book a tee time!
Monday – Sunday |Starting at 7:00 am
View the most up to date Illinois Golf Restrictions here!
- Association Office Curbside Pick-up Guidelines
The ACL Association Office is offering curbside customer service including delivery of amenity tags, stickers, etc. The current pickup hours are Monday through Saturday from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm daily. The building is still closed. Entry to the building by anyone other than ACL staff cannot be permitted; the drop box located in the lobby is not accessible. Please contact us in advance (at least 24 hours in advance is ideal) to ensure all paperwork is in order and to allow staff to prepare your tags & stickers ahead of time. If you did not call in advance, you will be asked to park to allow staff time to review your account and prepare your packet. Staff will give you the go ahead to pull up for pickup when they are ready.
When arriving, please pull up to the “Stop Here” sign. Staff will be watching for vehicles, but if they do not see you, please call (815) 492-2238. Staff will confirm your name and hand you an envelope containing your materials. Owners must wear a mask or face covering when interacting with staff. ACL staff will also wear a mask or face covering. Deliveries will not be made to anyone not wearing a mask or face covering. In this circumstance, materials will be left at an agreed upon location for the owner to retrieve after staff has left. All paperwork (insurance, registrations, Trail Indemnities, etc.) should be emailed, faxed, or mailed to the office in advance. All payments must be made over the phone with a credit or debit card or mailed in advance.
An appointment is required to have a new boat, ATV, or UTV measured. All paperwork (insurance, registrations, Trail Indemnities) must be submitted in advance. All payments must be made over the phone with a credit or debit card or mailed in advance. Measuring will be conducted solely by staff.Owners are required to wear a mask or face covering and respect social distancing. Anyone not wearing a mask or face covering will be required to walk the appropriate distance away from their ATV/UTV, for example, while staff measures the vehicle, and then pick up the stickers from the agreed upon location after staff has left.
- Next Payment Plan installment will be withdrawn May 15
Next Payment Plan installment will be withdrawn May 15
Contact the Office Manager if you need to reschedule your payment
The second Payment Plan installment will be withdrawn Friday, May 15 as scheduled. We understand that many people are having financial difficulties as a result of these unprecedented times. If you have been financially impacted by COVID-19 and need to reschedule your payment, please contact us no later than Wednesday, May 13. The Office Manager can be reached Monday through Friday from 8am to 3pm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (815) 492-2238 ext. 1134.
- Fishing and other DNR Licenses Available Online!
Currently we are not offering DNR licenses.
However, you can obtain them online at:
- Senior Exemption Deadline Extended!
View the full resolution from the Jo Daviess County Board here.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE!
- IMPORTANT CHANGE to Solid Waste & Recycling Hours!
Solid Waste & Recycling Center Change of Hours
Starting immediately, we are implementing new guidelines for the Solid Waste & Recycling Center.
Only two cars at a time will be allowed to dump their garbage. Vehicles will be required to stop behind a new stop sign and wait until a vehicle leaves the dumping area. They can then proceed and remove their garbage. We hope that this eliminates the issues we have had with social distancing at the recycling center.
To accommodate this change, we are expanding the hours of the recycling center to the following –
Monday – 8:00 to 10:00 am
Thursday – 3:00 to 6:00 pm
Saturday – 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Sunday – 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
We hope these changes will allow owners to take their garbage to the recycling center, but still practice social distancing, keeping themselves and the staff safe.
NOTE: Large Item and Electronic Item Disposal permits are not available at this time. These items cannot be disposed of until further notice.
- Attend the March Board Meeting and any ACL Committee/Commission Meeting via Zoom!
ACLPOA is following guidelines to limit gatherings to 10 persons or less. We are encouraging our membership (and our Board, Committee, and Commission members!) to attend meetings remotely via Zoom until further notice.
Please contact Shaun Nordlie at email@example.com by Friday, March 20th at 5:00 pm for an invite to the March 21st Board Meeting.
Invites to any Committee or Commission meeting must be requested by 5:00 pm the day before the meeting is scheduled.
- 📢 IMPORTANT: ACL Safety and Security update of COVID-19
📢 IMPORTANT: Apple Canyon Lake Safety and Security update of COVID-19
We would like to inform our property owners ahead of time that small changes have been made to protect our first responders, ambulance personnel, and law enforcement. When a call to 911 is made, the dispatcher will be asking 3-screening questions pertaining to flu symptoms in addition to finding out the nature of the call.
If you do report flu-like symptoms, the dispatchers relay that information to our personnel responding to your location. Do not be alarmed if you have flu-like symptoms as our first responders, as well as EMTs, and paramedics will greet you wearing a mask over their mouth and nose, gloves, and possibly even a gown.
If you call for an ambulance, the EMTs/paramedics will ask you some questions when they get to your location to determine if you have any flu-like symptoms and this will be done using “social distancing” of around 6 feet away. None of these precautions will delay your care. Depending on your symptoms, the EMTs/paramedics may also provide you a mask to wear. This helps limit the spread of any illness.
On many calls, other fire departments and police officers respond with the ambulance to help. Do not be surprised if some of these responders wait outside your home until the EMTs/paramedics assess you for the symptoms of the flu. These small changes help limit the spread of illnesses and keep our responders safe.
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call 815-492-0090. 👉 REMEMBER: to cover your cough, wash your hands, avoid close contact (6 feet social distance), keep contact surfaces clean (tabletops, doorknobs, computer keyboards, phones etc.) and most important if you are sick, PLEASE isolate yourself from others.
- ACL COVID-19 UPDATE
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 progression,
ACL has the following updates:
- Limit in-person contact at the Association Office: As of this writing, the Association Office is still open for business. This may change as the Coronavirus situation continues to unfold and guidelines from federal, state, and local agencies are released. Our focus is to protect the health and safety of our employees, property owners, visitors, and vendors. We strongly discourage owners from coming to the office unless there is an urgent need. Please call ahead to ensure an in-person interaction is required and the staff member you wish to see is available. We remind our owners that paperwork can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 815-492-2160. Amenity tags, stickers, etc. can be mailed to your home or left in the ACL drop box for pickup. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but remember, our focus is on everyone’s health. We are all in this together.
- Campsite Swap & Assignment Day, Slip Swap, Slip Assignment Day & Sub-License Assignment: We are currently reviewing our options for these events. They will NOT be conducted as usual on the date planned. We will either postpone the events until later in the Spring, or possibly conduct the event electronically using ZOOM teleconferencing. We will be researching the possibility of using ZOOM and reaching out to all those on these waiting lists soon.
- The Firehouse Fitness Center: Will be closed effective immediately, through April 1st.
- The March 21st Job Fair: Is canceled. If you had planned on attending and are still interested in applying, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 1st Annual Easter Egg Hunt: Has been canceled. We are greatly saddened to not be able to put on our Easter Egg Hunt and thank those who have kindly donated to the event. The plastic eggs will be saved in hopes of a re-boot next year and the candy will be re-purposed throughout our events later this year.
- The ACL Pro Shop: The Pro Shop will be open with special hours from 4:00 – 9:00 pm tonight serving a limited menu and $1 – $2 draft specials. *Watch for updates concerning future Pro Shop hours.
- The ACL Clubhouse: As of Wednesday, March 18th all clubhouse activities & events have been canceled through March 31st. This includes: Morning Workout, Cards, Sewing Group, Pot-luck, Clubhouse Rentals, and “open clubhouse” hours. This does not affect Commission & Board Meetings. (If you are on a Commission, please watch for updates from the Office pertaining to any meetings.)
- The March 17th Primary Elections: The Clubhouse will be OPEN for the Primary Elections. We are taking steps to ensure that everything is being sanitized and wiped down on an hourly basis. After the polls close the Clubhouse will then be closed until March 31st.
Please watch for updates via: Facebook, The Apple Seed, and the Apple Canyon Lake Website.
In case you missed it, you can read the Apple Seed Eblast, using the link below.
- COVID-19 What You Need to Know
At this time, we would like to reiterate some simple & easy ways to keep on top of staying healthy. It might not be anything new, but it is nonetheless effective and comes from a reputable source (The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). At this time the Association Office has not cancelled any events and is still open to the public with its normal hours of operation. We have been working together as a team to keep the Office as clean as possible with wiping down keyboards, doorknobs, countertops, community areas, etc. several times throughout the day. Please note that we are getting the same information everyone else is at the same time, so as COVID-19 progresses we will adjust accordingly and keep you informed. Thank you, ACL Staff.