The Board approved amendments to the insurance requirements Rules & Regulations at their December 15 meeting. These amendments are effective immediately.
What is not changing?
- Proof of insurance must be provided for all watercraft, including non-motorized watercraft, golf carts, ATVs/UTVs, snowmobiles, and campers used at Apple Canyon Lake.
- The minimum required amount of liability insurance is still $500,000 for bodily injury and property damage combined.
What is changing?
- ACLPOA no longer needs to be listed as an Additional Insured or Additional Interest on any policy. We do recommend including this endorsement on recreational vehicle and watercraft policies, so your agent will (hopefully) automatically send renewal documents, but it is not required.
- Documentation requirements have been spelled out in black and white (see below).
- Continuous until cancelled policies will not be accepted. If you have a continuous until cancelled policy on file, a current certificate of insurance showing the policy term expiration date is required.
- The policyholder/named insured must be the property owner of record. Policies listing the property owner as an Additional Insured or Driver will not be accepted.
What do I need to provide the Association?
Acceptable proof of liability insurance documents must meet the following requirements: the policyholder/named insured is the property owner of record; the insured watercraft/vehicle/camper must be described, and the policy term expiration date and liability coverage amounts must be listed.
Insurance documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (815) 492-2160. If you have any questions about these changes, please do not hesitate to ask.